Monday, August 14, 2006

i had...

an amazing time this weekend. omg! absolutely phenomenal.

you'd think i spent the entire weekend in the turks and caicos or something. NO! i did an overnight trip to o.c. maryland. big woop, right? oh... you don't know the half. it took me 4.5 hours to get from bmore to ocean city! traffic was off the chain. at any rate, i met my family down there and i haven't seen this part of my fam for a minute let alone spent that much time with them. we used to go to o.c. all the time when i was a kid so it was so nostalgic to be there with them again after years of hiatus. it was so amazing because it was just so comfortable... overwhelmingly familiar. since i moved back to md 4 years ago, i just have had such a disconnect between who i am and where i live. i'm such a philly girl... my whole family is still there and i just miss it soooo much. i've never truly been able to settle into a life here. ask kai and mikeSee how often i used to rip up 95 on the weekends (lol). i actually found comfort and "home" for a sec in my relationship. that became my familiar comfort zone away from home. now that that's dissolved, i feel so homeless again and it makes me sick to my stomach. but this weekend made me sooooo happy cause i got to have a smidgen of comfort and familiarity. i was so sad to leave them and i cried damn near the whole ride back to bmore. but, i was so thankful to love a group of people so much and so grateful to know that that "familiar" will always be there for and in me.

so "great weekend" is an understatement. bonus: i got a tan! hot damn!

No comments: